Associate Professor- Environmental Engineering and Science Sector
Office: Xenia A Building – Room 212
Phone number: +3022510 36289
- Doctor of Philosophy Degree from the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Cincinnati (2000)
- Physics Degree from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (1994)
- Radiation transfer modeling in the atmosphere
- Spatiotemporal characteristics of precipitation
- Oceanic energy budget, ocean/atmosphere interactions
- Athropogenic effects on the planetary energy budget and climate change
- Koutsou O.P, Fountoulakis M.S., Matsoukas C., Fyllas N.M. & Stasinakis A.S. (2021) Estimation of N2O emissions from wastewater characteristics in constructed wetlands. Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 9(6), 106632
- Korras-Carraca M.-B., Gkikas A., Matsoukas C. & Hatzianastassiou N. (2021) Global Clear-Sky Aerosol Speciated Direct Radiative Effects over 40 Years (1980–2019). Atmosphere, 12, 1254.
- Stathopoulos, V. K., Evangeliou, N., Stohl, A., Vratolis, S., Matsoukas, C., & Eleftheriadis, K. (2021). Large circulation patterns strongly modulate long-term variability of Arctic black carbon levels and areas of origin. Geophysical Research Letters, 48, e2021GL092876.
- Hatzianastassiou N, Ioannidis E, Gavrouzou M, Korras-Carraca M.-B., Papadimas C.D., Matsoukas C., Benas N, Fotiadi A, Wild M. & Vardavas I. (2020) Global Dimming and Brightening Features during the First Decade of the 21st Century. Atmosphere, 11(3):308.
- Thomaidi V.S., Tsahouridou A., Matsoukas C., Stasinakis A.S., Petreas M. & Kalantzi O.I. (2020) Risk assessment of PFASs in drinking water using a probabilistic risk quotient methodology. Science of the Total Environment. 712, 136485.