Ph.D. in Stochastic – Contaminant Hydrogeology, University of British Columbia, Dept. Earth and Ocean Sciences, Canada, 2000
M.Sc. in Contaminant Hydrogeology, University of British Columbia, Dept. Earth and Ocean Sciences, Canada, 1997
B.Sc. in Geology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Dept. Geology, Greece, 1986
- Numerical modeling of processes involved in (i) groundwater flow in homogeneous and heterogeneous soils, and (ii) transport and natural attenuation of contaminants in the vadose and saturated zones.
- Optimization algorithms and methodologies in mathematical modeling of hydrologic systems, methods for quantifying the reliability of flow and transport model predictions.
- Stochastic methods, risk analyses regarding (i) groundwater contamination and (ii) water management problems.
- Integration of multidisciplinary data in risk-cost-benefit analyses and development of decision models to identify optimal management alternatives.
- Liodakis S., Kyriakidis P. and Gaganis P. (2018), Conditional Latin Hypercube Simulation of (Log)Gaussian Random Fields. Mathematical Geosciences, 50:127–146.
- Tzoraki O., Dokou Z., Christodoulou G., Gaganis P. and Karatzas G. (2018), Assessing the efficiency of a coastal Managed Aquifer Recharge (MAR) system in Cyprus. Science of the Total Environment, 626:875-886.
- Zkeri E., Aloupi M.and Gaganis P. (2018), Seasonal and spatial variation of arsenic in groundwater in a rhyolithic volcanic area of Lesvos Island, Greece. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 190:44
- Simha Pr., Mutiara Z.Z. & Gaganis P. (2017). Vulnerability Assessment of Water Resources and Adaptive Management Approach for Lesvos Island, Greece. Sustainable Water Resources Management, 3:283-295.