- PhD in Environmental Science, University of Lancaster, UK, 2000-2004
- MSc in Environmental and Ecological Sciences (1st class), University of Lancaster, UK, 1998-1999
- BSc (Hons) in Applied Biochemistry (upper 2nd class), Brunel University of West London, UK, 1995-1998
- Human exposure to emerging organic pollutants
- Occurrence, fate and effects of emerging contaminants in the environment
- Investigation of biological effects of environmental pollutants
- Human exposure to particulate matter air pollution
- Engineered nanoparticle toxicity
- Nika M.C., Ntaiou K., Elytis K., Thomaidi V.S., Gatidou G., Kalantzi O.I., Thomaidis N.S. & Stasinakis A.S. (2020) Wide-scope target analysis of emerging contaminants in landfill leachates and risk assessment using Risk Quotient methodology, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 394: 122493
- Thomaidi V.S., Tsahouridou A., Matsoukas C., Stasinakis A.S., Petreas M. & Kalantzi O.I. (2020) Risk assessment of PFASs in drinking water using a probabilistic risk quotient methodology. Science of the Total Environment. 712, 136485.
- Tsoli S., Ploubidis G.B. & Kalantzi, O.I. (2019). Particulate air pollution and birth weight: a systematic literature review. Atmospheric Pollution Research, 10 (4), 1084-1122
- Kantsa, A., Raguso, R.A., Lekkas, T., Kalantzi, O.I., Petanidou, T. (2019). Floralvolatiles and visitors: a meta-network of associations in a natural community.Journal of Ecology. Published online April 2019: https://doi.org/10.1111/1365-
Koutsikos, N., Vardakas, L., Zogaris, S., Perdikaris, C., Kalantzi, O.I., Economou, A.N. (2019). Does rainbow trout justify its high rank among alien invasive species? Insights from a nationwide survey in Greece. Aquatic Conservation: Marine
and Freshwater Ecosystems, 29 (3):409-423
Nezis, G., Biskos, G., Eleftheriadis, K., Kalantzi, O.I. (2019). Particulate matter and health effects in offices – A review. Building and Environment, 156:62-73
- Minogiannis P., Valenti M., Kati V., Kalantzi O.I. and Biskos G. (2019), Toxicity of pure silver nanoparticles produced by spark ablation on the aquatic plant Lemna minor. Journal of Aerosol Science, 128:17-21.
- Hoek G., …, Kalantzi O.I. et al. (2018), A review of exposure assessment methods for epidemiological studies of health effects related to industrially contaminated sites. Epidemiologia e prevenzione 42 (5-6S1):21-36.
- Katima Z.J., Olukunle O.I., Kalantzi O.I., Daso A.P. and Okonkwo J.O. (2018), The occurrence of brominated flame retardants in the atmosphere of Gauteng Province, South Africa using polyurethane foam passive air samplers and assessment of human exposure. Environmental Pollution, 242(B):1894-1903.
- Koutsikos N., Zogaris S., Vardakas L., Kalantzi O.I., Dimitriou E. and Economou A.N. (2018), Tracking non-indigenous fishes in lotic ecosystems: Invasive patterns at different spatial scales in Greece. Science of the Total Environment, 659:384-400.
- Kourmouli, A., Valenti M., van Rijn, E., Beaumont, H.J.E., Kalantzi, O.I., Schmidt – Ott, A. and Biskos, G. (2018). Can disc diffusion susceptibility tests assess the antimicrobial activity of engineered nanoparticles? Journal of Nanoparticle Research, 20, 62