Assistant Professor – Environmental Engineering and Science Section
Office: Xenia A Building, Room 304
Phone number: (+30) 22510 36240
- Postdoctoral Researcher (Scholarship of Academic Excellence ΙΚΥ – Siemens), School of Chemical Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, Greece (2017)
- Ph.D., Faculty of Science and Technology, Libera Università di Bolzano, Italy (2016)
- MSc in Sustainable Resource Management, Technische Universität München, Germany (2012)
- Diploma, School of Environmental Engineering, Technical University of Crete, Greece (2010)
- Bioenergy and Biofuels
- Energy Modelling
- Renewable Energy Sources (technologies, policy and management)
- Thermodynamic Analysis of Energy Systems
- Life-cycle assessment and Multi-criteria Decision Making (energy systems, resources/waste management
- Dimou A., Moustakas K. & Vakalis St. (2023). The Role of Hydrogen and H2 Mobility on the Green Transition of Islands: The Case of Anafi (Greece), Energies 16, 8: 3542.
- Vakalis St., Georgiou A., Moustakas K. & Fountoulakis M. (2022). Assessing the effect of hydrothermal treatment on the volatile solids content and the biomethane potential of common reed (phragmites australis), Bioresource Technology Reports, 17, 100923
- Mastoras P., Vakalis St., Fountoulakis M.S., Gatidou G., Katsianou P., Koulis G., Thomaidis N.S., Haralambopoulos D., Stasinakis A.S. (2022) Evaluation of the performance of a pilot-scale solar still for olive mill wastewater treatment. Journal of Cleaner Production 364C, 132695.