Associate Professor – Environmental Engineering and Science Sector
Director of Water and Air Quality Laboratory
Deputy Head of Department
Office: Xenia A Building – Room 210
Phone number: +3022510 36257
- Post-Doctoral Research, Department of Environment, University of the Aegean, 2004-2005
- Ph.D., Department of Environment, University of the Aegean, 1997-2002
- B.Sc., Department of Environment, University of the Aegean, 1993-1997
- Wastewater and sewage sludge treatment and reuse
- Occurrence and fate of micropollutants in sewage treatment systems
- Olive mill wastewater management
- Biomass production from wastewater valorization
- Water Treatment
- Gatidou G., Chatzopoulos P., Chhetri R.K., Kokkoli A., Giannakopoulos A., Andersen H.R. & Stasinakis, A.S. (2021) Ecotoxicity and biodegradation of the bacteriostatic 3,3′,4′,5-tetrachlorosalicylanilide (TSCA) compared to the structurally similar bactericide triclosan. Science of the Total Environment, 769, 144960.
- Zkeri E., Iliopoulou A., Katsara, A., Korda, A., Aloupi M., Gatidou, G., Fountoulakis M.S. & Stasinakis, A.S. (2021) Comparing the use of a two-stage MBBR system with a methanogenic MBBR coupled with a microalgae reactor for medium-strength dairy wastewater treatment. Bioresource Technology, 323, 124629.
- Kotsia D., Deligianni A., Fyllas N.M., Stasinakis A.S. & Fountoulakis M.S. (2020), Converting treatment wetlands into “treatment gardens”: Use of ornamental plants for greywater treatment. Science of the Total Environment, 744, 140889
- Kotoula D, Iliopoulou Ath., Irakleous-Palaiologou E., Gatidou G., Aloupi M., Antonopoulou P., Fountoulakis M.S. & Stasinakis A.S. (2020) Municipal wastewater treatment by combining in series microalgae Chlorella sorokiniana and macrophyte Lemna minor: Preliminary results. Journal of Cleaner Production, 271, 122704
- Nika M.C., Ntaiou K., Elytis K., Thomaidi V.S., Gatidou G., Kalantzi O.I., Thomaidis N.S. & Stasinakis A.S. (2020) Wide-scope target analysis of emerging contaminants in landfill leachates and risk assessment using Risk Quotient methodology, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 394: 122493
- Thomaidi V.S., Tsahouridou A., Matsoukas C., Stasinakis A.S., Petreas M. & Kalantzi O.I. (2020) Risk assessment of PFASs in drinking water using a probabilistic risk quotient methodology. Science of the Total Environment. 712, 136485.
- Kora E., Theodorelou D., Gatidou G., Fountoulakis M.S., Stasinakis A.S. (2020) Removal of polar micropollutants from domestic wastewater using a methanogenic – aerobic Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor system. Chemical Engineering Journal, 382, 122983.
- Gatidou G., Vazaiou N., Thomaidis N.S. & Stasinakis A.S. (2020) Biodegradability assessment of food additives using OECD 301F respirometric test. Chemosphere, 20:125071
- Arvaniti O.S., Samaras Y., Gatidou G., Thomaidis N.S. & Stasinakis A.S. (2019) Review on fresh and dried figs: chemical analysis and occurrence of phytochemical compounds, antioxidant capacity and health effects. Food Research International, 119, 244-267.
- Gatidou G., Anastopoulou P., Aloupi M. & Stasinakis A.S. (2019) Growth inhibition and fate of benzotriazoles in Chlorella sorokiniana cultures. Science of the Total Environment, 663, 580-586.
- Katsouli An. & Stasinakis Ath. (2019) Production of municipal solid waste and sewage in European refugees’ camps: The case of Lesvos, Greece, Waste Management, 86:49-53.
- Gatidou G., Arvaniti O. & Stasinakis Ath. (2019) Review on the occurrence and fate of microplastics in Sewage Treatment Plants. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 367:504-512