I teach the undergraduate courses of Environmnetal Law, Environmental Sociology, Environmental Politics & Environmental History at the Department of Environment. I also teach environmental politics and policy course at the Department’s postgraduate courses as well as at the M.Sc in Environmental Sciences, Policy and Management, MESPOM (Central European University (CEU), Hungary).
I have supervised tenths of undergraduate and postgraduate theses, and a couple of them have led to scientific publications (see below). I am interested in suprvising research on topics pertaining to Environmental Politics, Policy, Sociology and History. If you wish to undertake such a research I would be glad to discuss your idea with you.
Dimitrios KANTEMNIDIS, Environmental Security and the European Union
George KOSTOPOULOS, Forest protection and management from Greek Independence (1828) till the establishment of the first National Forest Reserve (1938)
Dimitra SYROU, Environmental Governance through Collaborative Management Institutions: an Analysis of the role of NGO’s in the Greek Protected Areas’ Management Bodies
All these publications stem from the research undertaken by the students I have (co-) supervised:
- Botetzagias I., Tsagkari M. & Malesios Chr. (2018) Is the ‘Troika’ bad for the environment? An analysis of EU countries” environmental performance in times of economic downturn and austerity memoranda. Ecological Economics, 150: 34-51
- Guerreiro S. & Botetzagias I. (2018) Empowering communities – the role of intermediary organisations in community renewable energy projects in Indonesia. Local Environment, 23(2):158-177.
- Gkiouzepas G. & Botetzagias I. (2018). The Narrative Cycle of Climate Change in the Greek Newspapers, 2001–2008. Environmental Communication, 12(4): 507-524.
- Gkiouzepas Y. & Botetzagias I. (2017), Climate change coverage in Greek newspapers (2001-2008), Environmental Communication, 11(4): 490-514.
- Beckham Hooff, S., Botetzagias, I. & Kizos, Ath. (2017). Seeing the Wind (Farm): Applying Q-methodology to Understand the Public’s Reception of the Visuals Around a Wind Farm Development. Environmental Communication, 11(5): 700-722.
- Broadbent J., Sonnett J., Botetzagias I. et al. (2016), Conflicting Climate Change Frames in a Global Field of Media Discourse, Socius: Sociological Research for a Dynamic World, 2:1-17
- Moysiadis Y., Malesios Chr. & Botetzagias I. (2015), The impact of distance on a ‘NIMBY’ perception towards windfarms’ development, Aegean Journal of Environmental Sciences, Vol.1, pp.41-60
- Botetzagias I., Dima A.-F., Malesios Chr. (2015), Extending the Theory of Planned Behavior in the context of recycling: The role of moral norms and of demographic predictors, Resources, Conservation and Recycling, Vol. 95, pp.58-67.
- Botetzagias I. & Koutiva Eir. (2015), ‘When best is not enough: Greek environmental NGOs and their donors amidst the economic crisis’, in Clarke J., Huliaras As. & Sotiropoulos D. (eds), Austerity and the Third Sector in Greece: Civil Society at the European Frontline, Ashagate: London, pp.125-145.
- Botetzagias I., Malesios Chr., Kolokotroni An. & Moysiadis Y. (2015), The role of NIMBY in opposing wind farms’ siting: evidence from Greece, Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Vol. 58, Issue 2, pp.229-251.
- Botetzagias I., Malesios Chr., & Poulou D. (2014), Electricity curtailment behaviours in Greek households: different behaviours, different predictors, Energy Policy, Vol. 69, pp.415-424
- Botetzagias I. & Koutiva Eir. (2014), Financial giving of foundations and businesses to ENGOs: the role of grantee’s legitimacy, VOLUNTAS: International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations, Vol.25, pp.281-306
- Giannoulis Chr., Botetzagias I. & Skanavis C. (2010), Newspaper Reporters’ Priorities and Beliefs About Environmental Journalism: An Application of Q-Methodology. Science Communication, Vol. 32, N.34, pp. 425-466.