Research in Environmental Sciences
The Direction ‘Research in Environmental Sciences‘ of the M.Sc. in Global Environmental Change, Management & Technology was established in 2019 and aims to train students in environmental sciences through taught courses and applied research (90 ECTS) and lasts for a minimum of three academic semesters (October 2020 – February 2022).
For non-Greek nationals, please also check here about the necessary procedures for enrolling to the course.
Scientific publications by the M.Sc.'s students
- Stefanatou, A., Dimitrakopoulos, P.G., Aloupi, M., Adamidis, G.C., Nakas, G., & Petanidou, T. (2020). From bioaccumulation to biodecumulation: Nickel movement from Odontarrhena lesbiaca (Brassicaceae) individuals into consumers. Science of the Total Environment, 747, 141197, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.141197.
- Troumbis I.A., Tsekouras G.E., Tsimikas J., Kalloniatis C. & Haralambopoulos D. (2020.) A Chebyshev polynomial feedforward neural network trained by differential evolution and its application in environmental case studies. Environmental Modelling & Software, 126, 104663.
- Kora E., Theodorelou D., Gatidou G., Fountoulakis M.S., Stasinakis A.S. (2020) Removal of polar micropollutants from domestic wastewater using a methanogenic – aerobic Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor system. Chemical Engineering Journal, 382, 122983.
- Anagnostopoulos T., Skouloudis A., Khan N. and Evangelinos K. (2018), Incorporating Sustainability Considerations into Lending Decisions and the Management of Bad Loans: Evidence from Greece. Sustainability, 10(12), 4728
- Thanopoulou Z., Sini M., Vatikiotis K., Katsoupis C., Dimitrakopoulos P.G., Katsanevakis S. (2018), How many fish? Comparison of two underwater visual sampling methods for monitoring fish communities. PeerJ,6: e5066; DOI 10.7717/peerj.5066
- Sakavara Ath., Tsirtsis G., Roelke D., Mancy R. & Spatharis S. (2017) Lumpy species coexistence arises robustly in fluctuating resource environments, PNAS,