Research in Environmental Sciences
The Direction ‘Research in Environmental Sciences‘ of the M.Sc. in Global Environmental Change, Management & Technology was established in 2019 and aims to train students in environmental sciences through taught courses and applied research (90 ECTS) and lasts for a minimum of three academic semesters (October 2021 – February 2023).
Applicants for this particular Direction are required to personally contact a member of staff of the Department of Environment, University of the Aegean, PRIOR to submiting their application, in order to ascertain the professor’s willingness to act as their supervisor.
For non-Greek nationals, please also check here about the necessary procedures for enrolling to the course.
The Call for Expression of Interest for the academic year 2022-2024 will appear in Spring 2023
Scientific publications by the M.Sc.'s students
- Fyllas N.M., Chrysafi D., Avtzis D.N. & Moreira X. (2022). Photosynthetic and defensive responses of two Mediterranean oaks to insect leaf herbivory, Tree Physiology
- Botetzagias I. & Kostopoulos G. (2021) “For the Thorough Conservation of the Forests”: A History of Forest Management and Protection in “Old Greece,” 1830–1880. Journal of Modern Greek Studies, 39(1): 93-116
- Stefanatou, A., Dimitrakopoulos, P.G., Aloupi, M., Adamidis, G.C., Nakas, G., & Petanidou, T. (2020). From bioaccumulation to biodecumulation: Nickel movement from Odontarrhena lesbiaca (Brassicaceae) individuals into consumers. Science of the Total Environment, 747, 141197, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.141197.
- Antonopoulos, G., Skanavis, C. 2020. Promoting an environmental awareness centre to enhance educational activities in Linaria port, Skyros. International Journal of Green Economics, 14(2), pp. 95-107.
- Troumbis I.A., Tsekouras G.E., Tsimikas J., Kalloniatis C. & Haralambopoulos D. (2020.) A Chebyshev polynomial feedforward neural network trained by differential evolution and its application in environmental case studies. Environmental Modelling & Software, 126, 104663.
- Kora E., Theodorelou D., Gatidou G., Fountoulakis M.S., Stasinakis A.S. (2020) Removal of polar micropollutants from domestic wastewater using a methanogenic – aerobic Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor system. Chemical Engineering Journal, 382, 122983.
- Anagnostopoulos T., Skouloudis A., Khan N. and Evangelinos K. (2018), Incorporating Sustainability Considerations into Lending Decisions and the Management of Bad Loans: Evidence from Greece. Sustainability, 10(12), 4728
- Thanopoulou Z., Sini M., Vatikiotis K., Katsoupis C., Dimitrakopoulos P.G., Katsanevakis S. (2018), How many fish? Comparison of two underwater visual sampling methods for monitoring fish communities. PeerJ,6: e5066; DOI 10.7717/peerj.5066
- Sakavara Ath., Tsirtsis G., Roelke D., Mancy R. & Spatharis S. (2017) Lumpy species coexistence arises robustly in fluctuating resource environments, PNAS,